I like to read. I do it often. Every day in fact. This is a place where I can keep track of my books and share my joy and annoyance with them.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Renegade
Feeling a bit risque? Lora Leigh is an author known for steamy novels, alpha hero's, and strong love stories. I don't like when I don't read a series from book #1 til the end, but for whatever reason Leigh's Elite Ops series and I cant seem to get on the same page. This is the third book in the series that I have read (completely out of order) and I loved it. Nik Steele is a 6'5" golden god of danger, death, and sex. A member of the Elite Ops Nik is hired to help clear the name of a high powered business man when he is accused of murder by Mikayla Martin, a petite bridal shop owner. One thing that I really like about this couple is their height difference - she's described as being 5'4" if that. Ok, so I'm partial to short heroines - sue me, I'm 5' tall, I like short chicks who get the guy.
While I do enjoy Lora Leigh's writing style, I have to admit that her contemporary books don't blow me away. I actually blame Shannon McKenna for this for she is my all time favorite suspense/contemporary/borderline erotic author. That woman can write a sex scene that literally lasts for an entire chapter and its not the kind you want to skim over. Hate when I read a book that has scenes I want to skim. Lora Leigh thankfully is not that kind of author - hers you read - but Shannon McKenna, in my eyes, shes not. So if were to give a rating on this book I would say 3.25 out of 5 stars. A definite read for those of you who like big bad ass heros, tiny sexy strong heroines, a bit of gun fire, a who done it theme, and of course great sex.
Summary from Lora Leigh's website: As a bridal shop owner, Mikayla Martin helps make women's wedding dreams come true. Her own life, however, has become a nightmare since she witnessed a murder--and got an up-close-and-personal look at the killer. What's worse: She knows she knows him. But the police, after doing an alibi check, don't believe her. It's up to Mikayla to prove them wrong...and do whatever it takes to solve the murder by herself.
Elite Ops agent Nikolai Steele, code name Renegade, is asked to pay an old comrade a favor. This friend swears he's no killer--and Nik believes him--even though he's been mistaken as one by Mikayla. So Nik goes to set her straight...but the moment he lays eyes on the fiery and determined beauty, he knows he's in too deep. A woman this irresistible can only mean trouble and, sure enough, after sticking her nose in one too many places, someone wants Mikayla dead. Now Nik must find a way to keep her safe, clear his friend's name, and find the real killer, who remains on the loose...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment